Friday, March 20, 2009

Big Exciting News...a little late

so my big news is that I am being published in the next issue of Canadian Scrapbooker! YEAH!!! You know these girls are doing something right when other magazines ( from the American Side) are filing for bankruptcy protection and/or closing their doors. I can't rave enough about this amazing team an magazine...( and they don't even bribe me...I promise)

This week was crazy...but then when isn't my life. I started my teaching my design 201 class and last night taught an acrylic book class to some of my favorite girls and a couple great new scrap buddies.

Last weekend I attended the Okotoks Scrap Convention held to support the Rowen house and end Violence against women in Southern Alberta. The team of girls who put this event together did an amazing job...the food was amazing!! he prizes were amazing and I have to say the talent in that room of croppers was breath taking. A few of the layout contest submissions took my breath away. I am so happy to see such a great turn out for such a good cause.

Lastly... I spent yesterday at the wholesalers with Cindy picking out new product for kits in the upcoming months...YUMMY STUFF!!!! ....And I am leaving in a minute to spend the weekend scrapbooking with some of my very bestest Friends, scrapbooking in Blairmore. I should have great new stuff to post on Monday..or at least next week ...LOL

5 comments:

  1. Christy, that is FABULOUS! Congratulations, I have "seen" you all over - your are taking the scrapbooking industry by storm. I am most happy for you.

    See you soon!

    Have a super, relaxing weekend away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with your "bestest" friends this weekend - the "runners-up" will be home with children! Jealous!!! And congrats on the publication!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being published!
    Sounds like you are crazy busy as usual, so hopefully, you will get a good rest this weekend , on land...
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great weekend with the gals scrapping. I am still in shock you've never been published. Looking forward to Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Babe! Congrats on BOTH the publication in CS and the weekend off with friends to scrap!! Both so very well deserved!! Chat soon!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete