Monday, July 13, 2009

Week Three Scrapbooking Challenge...

I don't know about you but I am always so relieved when Stampede is over...and maybe a little sad. Was it just me or did there seem to be a lot less decorations this year? Maybe it's just a sign of the times.
So onto Challenge number three ( don't worry last weeks are down lower and so is the next random winner)

FUSSY CUT A PHOTO

The technical term for cutting out something is to fussy cut. Now, we all did this when we started scrapbooking and when we realized how hard this to achieve well, then we abandoned it. Yet like all things, the trend returns. So this week find a photo and fussy cut it out! Below is a page I did of Ashley last Christmas and a page a stole from Kimberly Colllis of her daughter, Avery.

A few tips for making Fussy cutting work well:
- Use as complete an image as possible ( nothing looks weirder then a one armed boy)
- Make sure to create a setting for the image so it's not floating on the page. Below I created wings, and Kim created a garden.
- If using multiple images, try and keep there scale similar.

Remember to email them to me c.riopel@telus.net or my new email address of christy@mondaynightclass.ca




By Kimberly Collis


So now last weeks entries are really cool...















and the random winner is....SUSAN!...just email me Susan and I will get your prize to you....oh and what is the prize? A pack of Little Yellow Bicycles Zinnia line papers and embellishments....oh and a hint...I have two of these to give away...so they might be next weeks prize as well!!
to see what the line looks like go to : http://www.mylyb.com/zinnia


2 comments:

  1. Oh crap! I thought last week's challenge was out of my comfort zone! I'm really going to have to think & work on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog and I love scrapbooking. Thanks for sharing these ideas. The layouts look great.

    ReplyDelete