Monday, June 7, 2010

Creating Art is all it's cracked up to be!!

So my weekend of declaring myself as an artist started with a trip to the bookstore, I love to read...in fact 90% of what I know I have learned from reading...OK more like 75% with the other 25% coming from failure...but more on that later, back to the book story. I picked up two books both on creativity and mixed media art. I started to feel the old vibrating creativity coming out of me...and I dug into my old friends; paint and paper. Wait, I am getting ahead of myself again.

Before I was Scrapbooking Christy, I was Interior Design Christy..I ran a small business doing residential design...but the primary focus on that soon became painting murals, when a good customer and a dear Friend, Joanne begged me to paint a mural on her playroom wall. One mural led to another and I spent many a day deep into creating the worlds of jungles and sea caverns with little more then paint and brush...never calling myself an artist. I love paint, I love the texture of a wet brush gliding across it's intended canvas, I love how each colour inflicts it's own personality onto another ( as if that isn't a huge metaphor for life I don't know what is). So I excitedly and vibrating picked up a brush and began...

For the last few weeks I have had this really annoying eye tick thing going on...My left eyes feels as if it is trying to escape from it's eye socket, causing my eye to stutter and blink at random intervals, like every 15min or so....It's stress related (if you can imagine). Well, when I looked up from work table at midnight last night, I was astonished that my eye had not shuttered since breakfast. Maybe my eye was trying to tell me that it was finally happy? It doesn't like paperwork anymore then I do!

I am happy with what I managed to create, but even more happy with the fact I just took the time to do it!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Christy. A very productive afternoon l would guess. l have a few books that might interest you that are collecting dust here these days. Might try to bring them on Friday night for you. Love the colors....l can see you had lots of fun. Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that you had a great weekend creating ....... can't wait to spend more time with you this weekend. I do love what you did, can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love how you worded this blog article.
    You are such an artist!!!- Loved the beautiful
    flower arrangements at Camp Caroline! I had no
    idea you were involved in any other form of
    art other than Scrapbooking. And now you tell
    the story of mural painting! You have so much talent and diversity.
    I think painting can be so therapeutic for people
    that have an artistic talent like yourself.
    Hope you can continue on with the painting, both as an expression and diversion at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just absolutely love it Christy - gorgeous!

    Beautiful just like you!

    I love your new blog header too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that piece you put up!
    sorry for that twitchy eye! keep up the art to keep it at bay-- :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page you've created!

    My husband has been suffering from the exact same eye tick...also stress related. Hope it clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete