Friday, August 27, 2010

back to school and We R Memory Keepers!

Well it's Friday, and I survived the first full week back at school. I have to tell you that we have had a big change in things this year. We decided not to put the girls on the bus for school this year.  A lot of things went into this decision. Our Stop is a 15-20 min drive away and our bus fees went up this year. The school isn't ready to move a stop closer to us yet (the joys of living in a new community). The drive to the two school campus' ( what is the plural of campus...campi???) is really only 25 min each way. BUT!!! it is in the opposite direction as Mike's work...
SO I HAVE TO DRIVE!! 
Now some of you are thinking so what?? Well, let's just say I am not really a morning person. Between that and Mike's snoring , I am used to getting my best two hours of sleep between 6am ( when Mike gets up) and 8am ish when I used to get up. I would leisurely sit with my tea and read emails and such. NO MORE!!! I have to be up and dressed and alert enough to drive by 8 am. But enough of my complaining.... I thought I would show you this year's first day of school pics  and how I scrapbooked them.



 I used We R Memory Keepers paper and their 4x6 pad. I LOVE their die-cut scallop and such sheets. I picked it up at The Scrapbook Pantry. So cool! I used a layout from a different We R page that I had done this summer. I have included a sketch of it for you to see and the original layout. As you can see I didn't change the sketch up much but the three pages are all so different. Just goes to show how versatile a sketch can be!



5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the things we do for our lovely children!!!

    LOVE, love the layouts Christy & the pics are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness driving your kids to school wasn't on the list of duties for your assistant!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful - love them! TFS! :)

    Caroline in Toronto
    www.craftincaro.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your LOs. love the sketch {can i use it to do some scrappin' today?} -- will link your blog. love your driving to school story. we are still 10 days away until school starts here in MB. gonna spend some end-of-summer time with the kiddies today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I'm laughing about your new morning routine, I feel your pain!!! You'll just have to discover the beauty of naps in the afternoon like Brad and I do :) And your layouts simply make me smile... beautiful girls and beautiful layouts to showcase them :)

    ReplyDelete