Friday, December 17, 2010

Something New...Something Old...Something made just for you!!

Ir was exciting being on Breakfast TV yesterday morning, very early for this night owl, yet complete fun! I thought I would share a few of my projects in a little more detail.

Above is the envelope advent calender. For the " new"... I used the new line from Cosmo Cricket called Mitten Weather, I have to admit I was a little shook by all the purple in it, but I love it, it has such a great retro vibe to it. I used several of the papers, the Tags, Strips and of course the Stickers!!

For the "old" I hit my left over letters stash...mostly American Crafts Thickers, But you will also see some Studio Calico letters and Jenni Bowlin. Some numbers I spelt out, some used the actual numbers!
The envelopes I used are left over from another project and are Chinese new year money envelopes you can get in most china town for just pennies...I bought mine a few new years ago at WalMart if you can believe it. They fit a 4x3 piece of paper perfect making them efficient to use with a 12x12 patterned paper!
And of course it is bound with the Zutter Bind-it-all, and I tied strips of old fabric I tore off as ribbons on the spine! Here is a few more pics...Notice I kept the embellishment simple, if you do as well you can finish it in just a few hours.



This was my favourite project of the day...my recycled card album( my something old)....this whole project took me less then 1/2 hour to complete. I simple took the front off some cards, the insides out of some others, Some I even bent in a new place and punched the edges to make fun flaps. Bound  it with the Zutter Bind-It-All ( my something new) and added pictures to cover some of the personal messages and such. I did not need to embellish this at all as the cards were so pretty on their own. I did pay attention to making sure to vary the size and heights of the card...even cutting the first card in half height ways. I don't show every page below but you can definitely get a good feel for it here!


4 comments:

  1. I love both albums! I felt a little weirded out by the Mitten Weather line colours myself, but actually ended up really getting into a purple vibe. Had a harder time with the beigey colour in the line, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects Christy! I can't believe
    how quickly you create. Thanks for posting all the
    closeups, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again beautiful for creating with me on TV and coming up with such amazing projects and ideas for the kids to do!!! You are sooooo very appreciated for your talent, but much more importantly for your friendship :) Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete