Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh How I wish I were at CHA!!

At the beginning of this school year an amazing opportunity presented itself to me, Brittany auditioned and made the school dance troupe that was traveling to China to dance in the Beijing Music festival in April, and they were looking for chaperone's. I was so excited for this opportunity to experience this along side my daughter that I just couldn't say no. SO I AM GOING TO CHINA!!! Unfortunately that has meant a few cut backs here at home to afford it and the one big thing I gave up to go was travelling to the Craft and Hobby associations Trade show in L.A. this month. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal but I have to say I am very sad not to be with my peeps right now. As you know Allison and I always post pictures every night from our hotel room to share with you everything we are seeing.

I thought I would continue the tradition and show you what I wish I was seeing over the next few days, and so is Allison Orthner. We thought we would have some fun with this and run a contest. Answer our questions and you will be entered to win a $50+ value goodie basket of scrapbooking yummies.


So here are a few of my first few picks for things I wish I was seeing this week in person...
This is my first pick...I love making flowers and I have to say that these tickle me!! What a simple but smart idea. I suck at hot glue guns so YEAH to Cosmo Cricket!!

The next on my list is also a flower making product... Filter Paper flowers from Fancy Pants. I can't wait to get my hands on these!

And last but not least for today...

Ranger Distress Stain...this makes the rubber stamper- Mixed media artist in me giddy with delight. I can't wait to get my hot little hands on these babies!!


So here is my question...
 What country would you give up anything to travel to?

post your answers here and don't forget to go to http://www.allisonorthner.com/ and check her posts as well and comment on her blog for more chances to win, as well as check back because we are doing this all week long!!!

24 comments:

  1. hey girl -
    wish i was there as well.
    i would give up everything to travel to Costa Rica again. probably Italy & Greece. and most likely i would drop everything if i got the opportunity to go see my cousin in Serbia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Mexico!!! I know not far away from Canada but the sand, the sun and just that feeling of paradise :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In this wide open world it would be so hard to choose! There are so many places worthy of dropping everything! However; I am thinking I would give up just about anything to travel to Greece... So much beauty and history to enjoy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine is Greece or Italy or both! I hadn't seen the flower filters from Fancy Pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this may sound horribly dull to some, but feels hopelessly patriotic to me: There are still some corners of this great country that I have yet to explore. In 2009, I managed to get to all 10 provinces within four months - including a drive from SK to Newfoundland. I spent a quick summer in what is now Nunavut, but my last bits on my wish list are a drive up to Labrador on the north shore of the St-Lawrence, another road trip up the West Coast to the Yukon and an extended trip through the NWT. And I really would give up just about anything to do them - except maybe my scrapbooking stash ....
    ;-) (Having trouble posting - I'm Barb R. in SK but have to post as anonymous!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Italy.. traveled there as part of my degree - stayed 5 weeks - next time I want my husband to be with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I have 4 places on my bucket list and I just couldn't choose between them so here goes
    #1 Cuba
    #2 Australia
    #3 The East Coast of Canada
    #4 The Greek Islands (Ohhh ABBA!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to get to Switzerland. The mountains there would be so great to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is an easy question! I have always wanted to go to Austrailia/New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. IRELAND!!! I have been there once, but with a small tour group with restricted access as everything was itinerized....I would LOVE to go back there - I would even live there - in a heartbeat...something about that Emerald Isle!!! <3
    Monique Conners - Duchess,AB Canada

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would instantly drop everything to go back to England to visit my daughter. As I only get to see her once a year, this would be my first and easiest decision. My daughter and I are the best of friends and she has been living in England for 5 years and I can't tell you how much I miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate to sound boring... but the only travelling I want to do is Canada with my husband and three little boys. I used to have a huge travel bug, but a trip or two on my own without them really taught me that even though I yearn for alone time, all I really want is them beside me.
    jgabriel@shaw.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have to say Australia and New Zealand with Italy and Greece right behind that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to see Australia and New Zealand - and of course Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, CHINA hey?!?! That's fabulous for you!!! I'm sure when you're there, you'll know you made the right decision between that and CHA... especially with experiencing it with Brittany!

    Some of my top destinations would be Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, China, Japan and Patagonia... but that's just the top 6 of a very long list...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Paris and Italy are my two - I have never been to either - but to go to a city that is older then our country would be cool.

    Carrie Hamm

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with Carrie, my two top choices are Paris and Italy - I have been before, in my 20s, and let's face it... it was quite the party trip! Would love to see the sites again with new (not hungover lol) eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like those stains, too. I'd love to go on a Safari in Africa. That would be a dream for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, I didn't realize you were going to China also. How exciting!!!
    My wish to travel would be Hawaii, lay on the beaches, lay on the beaches, lay on the beaches...I bet you fell asleep! ha ha
    Love the "Glubers" for the flower making.
    This finger klutz could so use this neat invention.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Someday I'm going to go down under and stay for a while! I love the stains and the glubbers! Can't wait, thanks for giving us this sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those Glubers! I would love to go to Australia - has always been a top pick for me. Also, Italy and someday back to France to revisit Aix-en-Provence. I spent my 3rd year of university and would someday love to go back and see how much the city has changed.

    Allison M.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wishing you loads of fun in Beijing with your daughter. Just remember to wear really sturdy shoes and jeans when you go the great wall. My dream is to visit Samarkand in Uzbekistan

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's so great you are going to China!!! Ya!
    I would love to see Europe one day. Also I have a friend who lives in Germany and it would great to go and visit her.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmm....I would love to go to Italy...not sure why, but it is just full of history and just seems romantic. :)

    ReplyDelete