Monday, March 14, 2011

bummer kind of day!

I have been working in my studio like mad for the last few weeks...and today I am spent. I feel as if something has snuck in to my brain and sucked out all the creativity.
I don't know if it is the time change, over working or the huge list of things I have to do sitting in front of me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining...it is a good feeling to have accomplished so much...but I have so much more to do.

I am finding it so hard to focus on creating while watching the devastation in Japan. It is heart wrenching. Even though we don't have cable, I am constantly checking the Internet, reading the news stories. I wasn't very old when the last nuclear disaster occurred...but I know it caused so much suffering. Now there are so many people in danger...in an area of the world that has so much history, so much culture! I am so sad that so many and so much has been lost.

It is so hard not feel like my life is so frivolous, that it is not fair that I am sitting here in my nice, warm, safe, simply because I was lucky enough to be born here in Canada.

It's been really hard to decide what to share with the kids. Brit at 14 pretty much has access to the info, but with Ashley she only hears snippets from the radio and her friends. How do you explain this to a nine year old, when you can't make sense of it yourself.

All we can do is pray and hope....and send money... I guess.

Some day's I wish I could paint away the troubles of the world...wouldn't that be nice.

2 comments:

  1. Sure would be nice if you could.... sending you a hug, hoping your creativity comes back...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I so hear you on this. It just seemed strange/wrong last friday morning to be in the store buying frivilous stuff when so many people were/are suffering. I too am struggling with how much access to information my daughter (aged 10) should have. When the gulf oil disaster was happening she went to bed on a number of occasions in tears because the world was being "destroyed" (her words). With the body count (what an aweful description of people lost, people who are someones parents/child, sister/brother) rising and the nuclear meltdown imminent in Japan I just am not sure what to tell her. She hears some of it because media is everywhere and I wonder is imagination worse than reality or is the reality of this so much worse?

    ReplyDelete