Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crop for Kids and all the fun!!


You know I was full of mischief this weekend at Crop for Kids in Calgary when I was in the "place of mind" to create a "man in a bottle"!! Every year this event gets more and more fun!!

I forgot to bring my camera so thanks to Michelle Zemlack for these photos.

We held our annual IRON SCRAPBOOKER Contest and I ( as reigning Iron Scrapbooker) competed against two Canada's most creative minds Susan Weckesser and Sonja McLean> This was some tough competition!!

The rules were to create an ATC, A Double Page Layout, and Card using only what was given to us. A small amount of scrapbooking stuff and a bag of stuff from the thrift store...like an old record, a plastic watch, a small bottle, sponges, wallpaper border, coasters, old board games and cards, place mats and such. And we only had an HOUR!!!

  
 My lovely assistant who was awesome!!


 We drew names for our sous scrappers this year and my sweet darling Brittany was chosen to be Susan's helper! Susan was so supportive and great to her!


 My layout
 My card

 Susan's Card ( s) I can not believe she created two!!
Susan's ATC
 Sonja's card and ATC
Susan's Layout

Sonja's Layout

I haven't heard how much we raised to support the hospital but I am excited because I am sure it is going to be a banner year!!

Thanks Jen Rowsell for everything you do! All of us who have children thank you!

6 comments:

  1. Great photos! I am still in awe from watching you craft and create so quickly! You ladies organized an amazing event, and I can't wait to hear how much was raised!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys looked soooo serious while you were "working" away! Can't believe all of the awesome
    ideas you girls came up with. It was lots of fun
    to watch the progress! Will there be a 3rd annual iron scrapbooker contest!?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone who can create a complete project in an hour is to be commended! Nice work. And a shout out to my lovely sister, who was your assistant! Sounds like so much fun. Would love to participate in next years crop! Connie V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in utter AWE of all three of you... 3 projects in an hour and everyone of them a creation to be proud of. I watched you guys in amazement since it takes me on average 4-8 hours just to get the "bones" done on one of my pages!! I LOVE you guys :o)
    Scrapbook Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like girls had fun! Would love to join your meeeting!
    Regards
    http://bellaideascrapology.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete