Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cupcake ribbon roses!

I thought that when your child enters high school you might be done with class treats...boy was I wrong, in fact it seams to me that that they became more elaborate!
Here are the cupcakes we made for Brit's class:

This one is chocolate with a caramel filling and marshmallow fluff icing- topped with crushed pretzels and drizzled chocolate.

These ones are lemon with lemon curd filling and vanilla butter cream and a candy rose. The rose's were an adaptation of ribbon roses that I make everyday in paper crafting so I thought I would share how we made them.
 First soften (In a glass bowl) in the microwave a few chewy candys (Starburst) and roll between two sheets of parchment paper. I then used my kitchen pair of non-stick Westcot scissor to cut into 1/2 inch strips.
 Roll the strips a bit to start
 then twist and roll


Tuck your end in and *poof* you have an easy pretty edible flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment