Friday, March 9, 2012

Ok..let's face it...I suck at blogging. It is funny how this blog has become this huge ball and chain on my life. I actually prepare projects to show...but when it comes to actually posting them, well, I never get around to it. I wish I could hire a ghost blogger... I tried to bribe Brittany, but she said it was too much like English home work. :(

It really started out as fun project at first. I loved feeling like some one out there was listening to me. Yet like most new shiny things things the tarnish is on it now and I feel like it is that neglected half-knit sweater stuffed into a bag, hid at the back of my closet that I am convinced I will finish one day. I pull it out every once and while ...knit a few rows and lose interest for a few more months. ( am I alone in this?)

What I am enjoying these days is art journaling... I have been doing it for about a year now. I taught my first art journaling class last fall at Paper Pastimes and it has started a huge movement of art journalers in their store...so much so that I have been asked to teach a second round.

We have changed the program up a bit...and it is super reasonably priced and only 1 -1 1/2 hours at a time. We are doing it in 4 week blocks, you don't have to take the the first block to take the second. each week we will be having a guided play session where you will learn a few techniques as you create your own journal page each time. If you have never art journaled before or are struggling to find a committed time to do some...this is a great way to go.

Here are some picks from my art journal that the classes will be loosely based on..


Hope to see you there!!!

4 comments:

  1. I just listened to a discussion on blogging. Here is the link if you have some time, it was interesting.
    http://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2012/03/05/paperclipping-roundtable-104-on-blogging-scrapbooking/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy,

    I met you in Red Deer at Crop A Ganza and I just wanted to say that I appreciate you taking the time to blog and share your projects with us. Even if you only check in once in a while just know that it's appreciated. :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. You an artist with words as well as canvas!

    ReplyDelete