Saturday, September 15, 2012

Guest post - for Inspiration Elevator

 I am so excited to have been asked to be a part of this great group this month. This challenge was definitely made for me. I actually have a bucket in my scrap room that is filled with found object, stuff from garage sales, loonie stores and noon scrapbook related items that I have stumbled upon and found inspiration in.

Message from this group:

You may recall from last month's challenge that the purpose of this challenge group was to take our scrapbooking to the next level, to stretch our creative process and to grow as artists by embracing challenges that make us think, work and grow. 


This month our challenger was the very talented Laurel Seabrook. Laurel loves flea markets and garage sales and would love to incorporate more of those items into her art. In fact, we have invited a valued guest designer to join us this month; her name is Christy Riopel. We welcome, Christy from her regular writing and creating job at Canadian Scrapbooker magazine.

Here's a bit of what Laurel had to say in her challenge this month.

"I love going to garage sales, flea markets and thrift shops to find fun items for me to upcycle into something else either for my own home or to give as a gift. I also love just to pick up some old things that appear to have some sort of story to them. I love the shabbiness of old, worn items and the warm comforting feeling they evoke.

My challenge for you is to scrap an old photo/photos. Not only that I want you to incorporate something that is not normally a scrapping item, upcycle/recycle something to include on your layout. Vintage is definitely not my style when it comes to paper crafting. I like clean and simple so this will be a challenge for me."

 So I cheated a little...we were supposed to use vintage photos but I just didn't have any...but I had these and a great pile of "finds" to go with them. ( I hope they can forgive me). Some things are newish, like the coffee stir sticks (from the dollar store), and the metal plant tag ( from Ikea)

I used the cover off of an old book. I actually picked up this book at an antique store knowing that I often scrapbook camping pictures.

I never pass up old scrabble games in a thrift store. Scrabble tiles are like pure gold!!

Other Supplies: BoBunny Double dot paper, Distress Ink. Marvy gell pen, Glitz tiny alphas, Unknown metal word.

I hope you will stop by and see what the designers on this adventure have created:


 We would love to see what you are inspired to create. Add your comment below with a link, I will be sure to drop by and say hello.

Until next time, keep doing what you love to do.
Christa



14 comments:

  1. this layout is so fun, i love the way you created toasted marshmallows and that you added a book cover (genius!), the multi font title is super too! thanks for riding along with us this month on Inspiration Elevator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!! Love the old book cover and scrabble tiles for sure! Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do lots of camping pages and I <3 your marshmallows and sticks! Love your book cover and now I will be looking at garage sales for old scrabble games. Fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, this is just fabulous! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to IE! Love the coffee sticks and the book cover is just perfect..amazing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So love that the book cover tells part of your story great idea...and love your toasted marshmallows...making me hungrrry.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy, I am so glad you took the time to join us this month. Your page is brilliant - The book cover works perfectly with both the challenge and your page theme, and the coffee sticks for marshmallow roasting sticks is inspired! Thanks again for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me...you are all so tallented I feel honoured you asked!!

      Delete
  8. Love your use of the book and the letters! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christy! Thanks so much for joining us! I adore your use of the book and the photos are perfect. Such a meaningful layout. Your marshmallows are GENIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute...love the book and the scrabble tiles (our favorite camping game, too!)!! Very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for joining us this month, Christy! You totally rocked the challenge (even though you did not use a vintage photo - lol) and I love how you actually used a book cover on your page - just brilliant!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christy I LOVE the marshmallows!!! And how perfect is that book cover! Love that you used it as the title for your page! Thanks for joining us at IE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this page, Christy! That book cover is AWESOME...and the marshmallows on sticks are soooo CUTE!

    ReplyDelete