Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Supreme Scrapbooking Tournament

A few months ago a friend tagged me in a post asking if anyone wanted to participate in a world round scrapbooking challenge. I thought,"Why not". Our first challenge was called 1000 Steps From Home and we had to show where we live. The other requirements were that it was a double page, had 3 or more photos and did not use spray inks. It's been really fun to see how others around the world scrapbook.
Here is my take on the challenge:


I used KaiserCraft paper and stickers, May Arts String, gesso. Marvy gel pen, and Beacon Adhesives and 3L Foam Dots.

The metal pieces are from my stash and I have long ago forgotten who made them. The pretty meal snowflakes were one of those things I was "saving for something special" but I am trying to use those things up now.

I sponged gesso over the stickers, metal bits, and the string to make them look dusted with snow. One of my favourite things is the string. It helps to move the eye over the page. Here are some close ups.






4 comments:

  1. Amazing, amazing ... totally love your take of the challenge and I had to drop by to tell you so and see more photos! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i am in looooooooooove!!!!!!! with your photos, with your details, with the colors scheme!!!! wow!!! good luck with the tournament!

    ReplyDelete