Friday, April 25, 2014

Makeing Over Art


This 12 x 12 canvas is a remake of a canvas that I created for Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine. I loved the original project but the colouring doesn't work with my house, so I wanted to reuse it.


I started by giving the original a good coat of gesso.


You can still see a bit of the original colour showing through. I then added scraps of paper and ink. I even stamped an image from Unity Stamps onto my book paper and cut it out and added it with gel medium.




Material used: Liquitex gesso and gel medium, Clearsnap Mixed Media ink and Surfacez inks, scraps of paper, Unity Stamps, charcoal pencil.


For those of you who were following my Supreme Scrapbook Tournament posts... my final outcome was third place! I am over the moon happy with that. They are accepting sign ups for the next one right now. I challenge all scrapbookers with a blog to join up and try it out. I found the challenges really inspired me and pushed me to try new things.

here is the link http://sst.freeforums.net/board/18/registration-supreme-scrap-tournament-2015


1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous....You are so inspiring Christy :)

    ReplyDelete