Thursday, October 16, 2014

Taking a Leap!!

I remember as a little girl I would spend hours indulging in colouring and drawing, choosing just the right crayon, and I often told anyone who would listen that I wanted to be an artist when I grew up.... Of course I also wanted to be a teacher, a nurse and Barbie at that age.

As I grew up the world taught me that "Artist" wasn't a "Real Job"... and I was blessed to go to school and work in the art based field of Interior Design. That should and it did make make happy, for the most part.

It's funny, I teach students everyday to embrace their artistic selves, I spent the last year or so mentoring Brittany on choosing a life path with passion and to go for the "Brass Ring", not to settle, but I wasn't exactly walking that path either.

For the last few years whispers have be in the back of my mind. "If only I could just make art for a living" "If only I could figure out how to sell a painting with out feeling like I had to apologize for that" " If only I could be a real working artist".  Outwardly I would tell others to embrace their dreams and to "Fake It Till You Make It!!" and that you just had to DO it, not just wonder....

but inside, I was a coward. Terrified of rejection, terrified of being called silly or frivolous, TERRIFIED of FAILING!!!!!!

Even now I am writing all of this so I can put off what I am announcing for just a little bit longer.

HERE GOES!!!

Introducing my first ever ART SHOW! 


Please come join me and support this amazing group of artists, and drink some wine!!!, oh and eat some cheese? 

4 comments:

  1. BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO excited for you Christy.... and now the world (well, Calgary etc) has the opportunity to get to know Christy the ARTIST :) Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a date! I'm so excited for you and look forward to your show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christy, I am so glad you have chosen to follow your dream. Don't ever apologize for your work, it is beautiful. I look at you with such respect. I just wish I could take in your exhibit. And it will be fun to tell people I knew Christy before she was famous LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. A week later and I would have been there like a dirty shirt. GOOD SALES you don't need luck as you have talent!

    ReplyDelete